Whether you need help understanding your benefits or speaking to your dentist, we want to make sure there are no language barriers between you and the care you deserve. To ensure you get the best possible service, Delta Dental offers a Language Assistance Program (LAP) to help you or one of your family members with any linguistic need. Let’s learn more about LAP — you might be surprised at the different services available to you!
The Language Assistance Program at Delta Dental can provide language assistance if you prefer to read or communicate in a language other than English. These services are offered at no cost to you and help ensure that you have access to health care and services when you need them. LAP also monitors the language assistance you receive to ensure quality.
Here are some of the services you can take advantage of:
• The Delta Dental website in Spanish. You can use our Spanish website to find information about our different plans, read wellness articles in Spanish, and more! Please note that your online account is currently available only in English.
• Customer service phone assistance in 170 languages. Call 866-530-9675 and let the Customer Service representative know you need an interpreter for the call. You may want to ask an English or Spanish speaking friend to help you with the automated message in the beginning of the call.
• Professional interpretive services to help you communicate with your dentist. An interpreter can meet you at the dentist office and translate into the language of your preference. Remember to call to request at least 72 hours before your appointment.
• Written plan materials in non-English languages and accessible formats, such as Braille and audio files.
• Online dentist directories in English or Spanish that include the self-reported languages of network dentists and staff who speak additional languages.
The United States doesn't have an official language. Although some states have established English as an official language, there's no mention of an official language in either the U.S. Constitution or in any federal law. The U.S. is one of very few countries that don't have official languages.
or have someone who speaks English or Spanish call for you, to request interpretation services in the dentist’s office:
• State government programs: 877-580-1042
• Delta Dental PPO™ and Delta Dental Premier®: 888-335-8227
• DeltaCare® USA: 800-422-4234
• DeltaVision®: 888-963-6576
• TTY 711 (American Sign Language interpretation in the dentist’s office is also available upon request)
When you use LAP services, you can trust that information you need won’t be “lost in translation”!