1. Walk to the picnic instead of driving there, if possible. You’ll build your appetite and get some exercise along the way.
2. Remove food from the cooler only when you’re ready to eat. Perishable foods, such as cold-cut meats or potato salad, should be left out for only one to two hours at most. This will also protect your meal from insects and other picnic pests.
3. Bring a reusable water bottle full of water and ice. You’ll stay cool, hydrated and eco-friendly.
4. Drink water or chew sugar-free gum when the picnic is over to help neutralize acids and bacteria left behind in your mouth and keep that smile sparkling.
5. Plan your menu ahead so you can pack fresh, healthy foods. Check out these flavorful recipes for inspiration.